Tuesday 20 October 2009

Cheesefest

Summer seems to have arrived in Adelaide, finally, and with it more blog posts:) Hubs and I went to Cheesefest on Sunday, and I have the sunburn to prove it. In 2 hours, with suntan lotion on, I have still turned into a bit of a redneck. Next time I will forgo the suntan lotion samples and stick with my trusty Cancer Council 30+. $10, a souvenir wine glass, and off you go. Nepenthe had some nice Chardonnay, and we ended up going home with 6 glasses in total (what, some folks left theirs behind so we helped clear the tables while leaving). I didn't take any pics at Cheesefest, but Susie did, and I'm sure she won't mind me giving a link back to her blog. Woodside was by far the best cheese there, and the lemon myrtle is a must try (Aunt Liz, this place has a sampling room right next to Melba's Chocolates, both of which we'll be taking you to one weekend day while you're visiting). Less than 2 years in, and we bumped into about 10 people I knew while there. See, Adelaide is a small place.

3 comments:

Maya said...

Sounds like a good outing--except for the sunburn. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the Lemon Myrtle Cheese. I wonder if you can find it at the Central Market.

Arizaphale said...

That sun took many of us by surprise I think. I haven't been to a food and wine fest in such a long time :-( I used to love 'em. Nepenthe is one of my face winderies in Adelaide. Their sav blanc mmmmmmmmm
And meeting people you know? That's Adelaide for you! Lemon myrtle cheese sounds gooooooood.

Grace Monet said...

Hi, Suzer, I'm Jane, in West Virginia, U.S.A. I'm most interested in your "Resume Doctor" service, and attempted to find the place to leave a comment for that.

Please let me know how I can contact you to send my resumes and other information. In October, I sent my shorter resume and letters to two different medical clincs, one in Tailem Bend and the other in Murray Bridge.

Thank you!