Sunday 18 December 2005

Next semester's schedule

Or as the posh ones here say….sshhedewl..er, something like that. Anyway, I’m going to whine about something I know I’ll get no sympathy on. I have to start classes at 9am three days a week, boo-hoo, which means I have to get up at 7am. The classes switch from mostly tourism related to mostly management related. I’ll be taking Strategic Management, Human Resource Management, Research Methods, and for my elective, most likely, Eco-tourism. I shouldn’t even be thinking about all this now, as I still have projects to do for this semester. Spent all day yesterday writing an essay on politics and policy making and need a break, so I’m going to go out, somewhere, today, even if it’s just to the grocery store to get the fixing for fajitas and a magazine or two to read tonight, and maybe buy a cheap dvd (I miss TV this week). I could say the only disadvantage to living in a new place is not having enough people to do things with, but that’s not exactly true. I’ve probably been more socially active then I was at home; I simply notice the down time more;)

1 comment:

Suzer said...

You may have my sympathy. I hate going to work before 10, which Ive only had to do six weeks out of this entire year. Fajitas sound good; I never made them. I baked a batch of chicken wings over the weekend. While, im having pasta tonight, my latest favorite meal is chicken wings with sweet corn and okra

Commented by kivadiva on December 20, 2005 at 2:31 am

God I love okra, especially pickled okra. Did I ever tell you I had sweet corn ice cream in Ireland. Wow is all I can say.

Yes, well it wouldn’t be so bad on the schedule bit if I could actually get to sleep by 11pm, but that almost never happens.

Commented by Suzer on December 20, 2005 at 5:11 pm

I used to hate okra, but then my mom kept getting fried okra from Church’s Fried Chicken and I became hooked over time. I only like it fried though, if its properly seasoned. Otherwise, just boil it, bake it, and add a SMIDGE of salt

Commented by kivadiva on December 20, 2005 at 7:08 pm

Have you tried pickled okra. Comes in a jar, just like pickles. You used to be able to get them in Jewel in Chicago, on Southport, but I’ve also seen them other places…oh, World Market carries them. If you haven’t tried them, get a jar. I’ve convinced to many people to try them out, and they assume they’re going to be gross, but end up taking a liking to ‘em.

Commented by Suzer on December 20, 2005 at 7:33 pm

Fried anything is good! It’s the oil and the salt, and other seasonings. Bad, but sooo good!!

Commented by muddiah on December 20, 2005 at 9:26 pm

You might not be saying that if you lived here, and almost everything was fried. I shouldn’t say that, as British food has come a long way, but the chippy is still an oh so popular place;)

Commented by Suzer on December 20, 2005 at 10:58 pm

Ive not tried pickled okra. Id have to taste someone else’s though. I like pickles in small amounts.

See, I dont like fried fish. Never have. I think it has something to do with my aversion to frozen fish sticks

Commented by kivadiva on December 22, 2005 at 9:14 pm