Thursday 27 September 2007

Name changes

Well, it's official. I'm no longer a *****. No, that's not me calling myself something off-colour; I've simply changed my surname. Picked up my new passport today. You should see how hideous the new ones are---pictures of mountains and cowboys and the statue of liberty adorning the pages, along with little quotes, and surprise surprise they managed to put god in there, grrrrrrr. I keep thinking of that hillbilly country song...I'm Proud to be an American. Thank dog I'll have an Australian passport in a few years. Just when I feel my nationalistic pride picking up, something like this...

7 comments:

Muddiah said...

I've driven thru and hiked up some spectacular mountains in my past travels in the US, cowboys are part of our folklore and history, and the Statue of Liberty is something to see especially if you've ever climbed to the top and looked out of her. I AM proud to be an American and even like that song you're referring to. Perhaps the "world traveller" needs to come back and see her country up close and personal. Ah..wait..a few years down the road...living in a small town in the outback...you might be singing that song you now disdain.

Suzer said...

Mom why do you get your knickers in a bunch anytime some one says anything slightly unpatriotic? You're buying into the propaganda! The passport is hideous!!

Suzer said...

And Adelaide is not the outback:/

Muddiah said...

My knickers are not in a bunch, dearie! Was perfectly relaxed when I responded to that last blog entry. From what you described, I thought the pics seemed appropriate. Hey, thought you welcomed comments and opinions that differ from your own. :)

Suzer said...

Of course I do. I just think you need to see it...it's pretty bad...very over the top.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

I'm not looking forward to getting my new passport. The US has (just in my opinion) really turned up the Patriotic Propoganda Police.

I also tell my dad (in AK) that he needs to get out and see the rest of the whole wide world.

Suzer said...

The PPP lol...perfect description!