- Eden Gardens (which I totally agree is one of Auckland's best kept secrets and one of the must do things here)
- Mt Eden
- Sky Tower
- Downtown Auckand & Viaduct area
- Waiwera & nearby areas on a Saturday road trip
- Mission Bay
- Auckland Botanic Gardens (a SERIOUS disappointment to me, although Mom liked it, but I put that down to her not seeing the Sydney & Adelaide Botanic Gardens first)
- Newmarket & Auckland Museum (the Museum being another Auckland must do)
- Waiheke Island on a day long vineyard tour (where by the end Mom was "make sure-ing" her glass was empty)
Amazingly, the weather has been the best it's ever been since Steve and I arrived here, with almost no rain after a week of rain every day. I'm learning what the sun down here is really like, as I burned bright red after two days of being out and about in it minus suntan lotion. Won't make that mistake again.
Pics, from top clockwise are: my sexy husband and I, a view of the city from Mission Bay, the view from Sky Tower, two photos of the Botanic Gardens, Eden Garden, and four pics from the vineyard tour.