Tuesday, 27 November 2007
Saturday, 24 November 2007
Thursday, 22 November 2007
- Eden Gardens (which I totally agree is one of Auckland's best kept secrets and one of the must do things here)
- Mt Eden
- Sky Tower
- Downtown Auckand & Viaduct area
- Waiwera & nearby areas on a Saturday road trip
- Mission Bay
- Auckland Botanic Gardens (a SERIOUS disappointment to me, although Mom liked it, but I put that down to her not seeing the Sydney & Adelaide Botanic Gardens first)
- Newmarket & Auckland Museum (the Museum being another Auckland must do)
- Waiheke Island on a day long vineyard tour (where by the end Mom was "make sure-ing" her glass was empty)
Amazingly, the weather has been the best it's ever been since Steve and I arrived here, with almost no rain after a week of rain every day. I'm learning what the sun down here is really like, as I burned bright red after two days of being out and about in it minus suntan lotion. Won't make that mistake again.
Pics, from top clockwise are: my sexy husband and I, a view of the city from Mission Bay, the view from Sky Tower, two photos of the Botanic Gardens, Eden Garden, and four pics from the vineyard tour.
Thursday, 8 November 2007
Sunday, 4 November 2007
The other night, I was introduced to a new hostel stayer who is from the East Coast and told he was another of my country-men. About 50% of the Americans I meet on the road are horrendously annoying, and this is one of them...talking about how much money he makes, asking others about their financial situation, being too loud and know-it-all, etc. This being said, it still hugely pisses me off when people make comments about all of us Americans based upon their experiences with a few. I've had a few of those experiences this weekend, and it's really just enough already.