Wednesday 30 July 2008

Our New Bed...Finally

For those of you who have listened to me whinge, you'll be happy to hear we finally ordered our new bed. This has not been an easy task, as my husband has had waterbeds for about 20 years...and I'm not a fan of even being on a stable boat, much less a bed that has waves. I think it's been about 2 months since we started looking at beds, and we've come to a compromise. We've purchased a waterbed, but it is almost the firmest waterbed out there, which means it's nice and soft and you sink into it a bit, but when he rolls over, I won't feel it any more than if we had a regular bed, which is a very good thing since for the past 4 months, I've been living on a serious lack of sleep, waking up about 3-4 times per night. I have semi-permanent dark circles under my eyes, and my nephew told me I 'have bags'...even the kids can tell I've been tired. And at least we will still have a heated bed, since we don't have a heated house, although to be honest, the bed cost as much as putting heat in the house is going to. Ah, the further joys of being married and moving Down Under;)

2 comments:

Muddiah said...

Good to hear about the bed. So, it keeps one warm in the winter, does it also keep one cool in the summer? :-)

What's with "whinge"? Australian for whine, or just a mispelling.
Think I saw it one other time on your blog.

Suzer said...

Yep, you just turn the heater off:) And yes that is similar to whine and is a British phrase that the Aussies have kept;)