Saturday 6 June 2009

Nice Surprises

Everytime I call my Aunt Liz, as soon as she realises it's me, her voice changes when she says: "Susan!" I always thought it was nice but didn't understand how she could be that excited just to hear from me. The other night, my mobile rang at about 8pm and the name that showed up was my husband's brother D_. I was surprised he was ringing me, but then I said hello and heard a response hello and a pause, then..."It's J_", who's my nephew. It was his birthday and he was just ringing to say hi because I'd texted my bro & sis-in-law earlier in the day to wish him a happy birthday from us. It was so cool! It's cheesy but I think I'll always remember my first phone call from my nephew. I now get why Aunt Liz has a change of tone when she realises it's me on the phone.

2 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Awwww shucks. How old is he? Please don't tell me he's 18.;-D

Suzer said...

Lol nope he's 11. Just like I'm not old enough to have a 23 year old daughter, I'm also not old enough to have an 18 year old nephew;)