- No last names (for some level of anonymity)
- Never bag your significant other; it's just not cool.
- Never bag your family; they'll get you back.
- Never say anything you might later be embarrassed to admit you've said (which should really go for verbal speech as well)
- Never say anything that could get you into real trouble in real life
- Don't talk about where you work (same reason as why there are no last names)
When I began blogging, it was more so I could retain all of my stories of life abroad in one place, and avoid the dreaded group emails. Now that I can see I've had approximately 4,000 views of my profile in the last 4 years or so, and have my blog listed and writings posted on other expat sites, I realise that I have some responsibility for my actions here, so to speak. I'd love to babble on about my political views, or give you my thoughts on my workplace, but then I'd have to be accountable for pissing somebody off;)