Sunday 6 November 2005

Proper vented tumble dryers at last!

well, i washed two loads of clothes today, then put them in the dryer together for 60 mins on perm press and when i took them out, they were bone dry;) what a time saver! it cost 1.60 (pounds) to wash per load and 1 pound for 60 mins on the dryer (20p per 12 min cycle and you can do as short or long as you like), so it’s pricey, but well worth not having to wait 2-3 days for things to dry while breathing in the dampness…and this means i can wear my nicest jeans out tonight, then wash and dry them tomorrow and wear them again on my date tomorrow night;)

1 comment:

Suzer said...

Suze, just picked up Reading Lolita in Tehran. I wont get to it until this job is over though. Im getting quite the list of books that have to wait till then

Commented by Kila on November 9, 2005 at 9:31 pm

Well, I probably won’t finish my copy until the so-called xmas break, on my one week away/off, so maybe we can discuss it after that. When I first got here, I wrote up a lot of discussion questions and have done a lot of underlining in the book.

Commented by Suzer on November 9, 2005 at 10:53 pm

We’ll have to schedule a messenger chat

Commented by Kila on November 11, 2005 at 2:44 am

Yes, tumble dryers are wonderful….unfortunately, we don’t have one yet, but well done for getting out of that house!!!

Commented by evenstarlight on November 16, 2005 at 4:37 pm

Hey, glad to see ya here! Well, I’m sure you will get one eventually, and you’ve probably gotten used to doing without for now?

Commented by Suzer on November 16, 2005 at 9:20 pm