Sunday 4 March 2007

Arrived in Australia

Just a quick note to say we've arrived in Sydney as of yesterday. Travelled for maybe 30 hours, including layovers, and still managed to stay awake all day Saturday after arriving at the hostel at 9,30am and not being able to check in until noon. Spent today hiking all over town. Sydney is a unique combination of old, European/English looking buildings as well as more modern stuff that is familiar. I can't yet get over the shock of being so far from home, but I think I will be able to get used to it here. It was in the high 70s/low 80s today, I would guess, and I feel wilted as Sydney is a bit humid. Steve kept telling me it wasn't hot and he always wore jeans out today because the sky was cloudy. I think the heat will be a long adjustment; let's just say I'm happy we didn't arrive during the middle of their summer and that winter here will be approaching soon. Will have some pictures soon, hopefully. Alright, still tired, so more later.

No comments: