Saturday 2 December 2006

Trash Bird

I was having a conversation with a co-worker today about the differences between our countries (she's a Brit who's lived in NY) and all of a sudden she made the comment that she 'posted a lot of rubbish' in the States. I almost ignored it, as it made no sense, only to look up and see her looking at me, waiting for me to take the bait, so I asked...

She recalled how she's complained to a classmate about what a nuisance it was to have to go the Post Office every time she wanted to mail something, and why didn't they have post boxes in the US. The classmate then pointed out to her a few of our big, blue mailboxes. I would assume a look of shock and horror crossed her face right before she spoke up an announced that she'd been throwing her rubbish in those bins for the last six months.

I quickly did a google search for her and asked her what she thought the outline on the boxes was, a trash bird. Not to mention the times of collection listed inside the opening, to which she recalled the McDonald's bags and leftover Chinese noodles she'd inadvertently dumped all over the mail. The poor postman...

No comments: