Thursday 27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll

I completely forgot that it was Thanksgiving today, until I saw this post on another blog I follow. I've never thought about the fact that what he had to say is so true, that Thanksgiving is about being grateful and not a commercial holiday like so many others.


  • First and foremost, I'm thankful for my husband
  • I'm thankful it will have only been 2 years since I've been home by the time I visit. I hear way too many stories of people who've been here for 5 or more years and haven't been able to make it home for various reasons
  • I'm thankful that I get to go out to Norwood today to meet up with Tamara for lunch and make a trip to Chili Mojo (and hopefully pick up some frozen Mexican food to bring home)
  • I'm thankful for the invite to a Thanksgiving dinner at a fellow expat's house
  • I'm thankful to all of the people who've made Expats in Adelaide a success, mostly because it's been so fantastic to meet them all and feel a part of something here, as well as feel like I've done something constructive that's added to my personal happiness
  • I'm thankful that I'm an expat, and that that has changed my life so much, in so many positive ways, allowing me to be the person I've always wanted to be

2 comments:

A Free Man said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

carrie said...

i'm thankful that everyone is so thankful