Sunday 19 October 2008

Gazzanats








Well, I've just had an interesting experience. I'm just home from my first Australian motorsports event, something called Gazzanats (so named for Gary Myers, the fella who started it...Aussie nickname for Garry is Gazza, go figure, combined with nats for national). The two day event was primarily comprised of burnouts, which as far as I can suss out, is a car standing still and then going in small circles whilst burning the tyres enough to blow smoke all over the audience. I can't quite figure out the allure, but hey, it was a nice sunny day and I got to snack on yiros, chips, corn dogs, ice cream and something called a chico roll (which is very over-hyped by the way). I didn't figure out until about 4pm where they were hiding the beer tent, and by then the beer was sold out:( Pics to follow...

1 comment:

Muddiah said...

Looks and sounds pretty boring to me.....btw is yiros the Australian spelling for gyros??