Thursday 12 January 2006

Ice skating and other costly ventures

Millenium Square is the big thing in Leeds…always something going on there, from an exhibit of photos from the air, the german market, to now, ice-skating. But, get this…it costs 7 quid and you only get an hour for that!!! One of my roommates did point out that they have to keep the ice frozen, which I didn’t think about when I complained that in Chicago it’s free. (Check out the webcam of Millenium Square…maybe ya’ll see me there Saturday night.)

I’m not sure why I titled this other costly ventures…guess it seemed catchy. Maybe it’s because it is now time to pay the second semester’s tuition, groan. I did my presentation yesterday on Tourism Ireland. I was so excited about the information, but too nervous, honestly, to convey that. I tried telling my classmates about it while having coffee and they were just not interested. Does this make me a nerd?? I now have one more assignment to complete, which honestly, I’m not too keen on. I didn’t really learn what I expected to or wanted to in the class:( Anyhoo, I got an extention and will be working on that next week.

Today feels like a proper Sunday. The sun was shining, I found a good radio station…and, well, intended to go for a walk but got waylaid with other things. (Did I mention I have a date this weekend?)

P.S. Forgot….dude!!! (this does call for a dude, sorry)…three of my friends emailed over New Year to announce their engagements. As Kila stated…”it’s happening…” Soooo, congratulations to Genea, Kathy K, and Angie;) I’m still a bit weirded out by my friends becoming someone’s wife (don’t forget to keep in touch girls!), but all the best to you guys.

1 comment:

Suzer said...

Can’t imagine Susan being nerdy:) Will be checking for you on the ice on Saturday, that is, if I rememeber the time difference. By the way, noticed that Saturday is opening day for the rink.

Did you notice there was a discount for students?

Commented by muddiah on January 11, 2006 at 6:31 pm

Yep, but it’s possible it’s only for grammar school students, etc. Will try…

Commented by Suzer on January 11, 2006 at 10:14 pm

Hiya Suz

Having looked at the site (and knowing the way Leeds City Council works) the student discount WILL apply to you - just show your Student Union card to get the lower price - will look out for you “Ice Dancing” ( a new reality TV programme which is starting this weekend)

Steve

Commented by steveg on January 13, 2006 at 10:36 am

Ice Dancing? Reality TV about ice skating…oh dear?

Thanks for the info btw!

Commented by Suzer on January 13, 2006 at 12:19 pm

Ice Dancing - is that anything like Skating with Celebrities?

Commented by kivadiva on January 15, 2006 at 9:40 am

Sort of…. Personally I have a system for British TV as it is at the moment - I will not watch anything with any of the following in it’s title… “Brother”, “Celebrity”, “Swap” “Star” or “Idol” - seems to work fine for me. OK it cuts down what I can actually watch, but at least what is left is WORTH watching!!

Commented by steveg on January 15, 2006 at 12:13 pm

Sounds like a good plan Steve. Me, I have no tv (of course, I’m sure I’ve mentioned that I sometimes miss it).

The ice skating was good, although I kinda tore up my ankles with the skates. Reminder to self…when something hurts, stop it!

Commented by Suzer on January 15, 2006 at 7:52 pm

LOL - sounds like a good plan to me as well - ‘course, Im usually working on something with “brother”, “celebrity” or “swap” in it anyway

Commented by kivadiva on January 16, 2006 at 10:09 pm