Thursday 2 March 2006

Happy March!

I can't believe it's time for spring to be appraoching. I've been in England six months today and while the time has gone fast in a sense, it sure seems as though I've been here a long time. It's been stressful on occasion, but the good far outweighs the bad. I don't think my life could be going better as I approach 30. I'm well on my way to completing an MA, I've made some excellent new friends and met a fantastic man, have travelled to a few new places, and more are on the way. Who knows what's next...other than sunshine and warmer weather!

And speaking of marching, our university's tutors will be going on strike next week, as will many others at other universities in the UK. At the moment, they only have one day of picketing planned, but who knows. The strike is over (lack of) fair pay increases and the students have the opportunity to go out and support them on the picket line, so a few of us will be there.