Tuesday 7 February 2006

What you didn't know about flying

I'm just reading an article for my HR Management module on safety issues in the airline industry, and how the profit at any cost mentality affects workers' health. Did you know that Boeing's recommendation for cabin air ventilation standards is 1/3 of the standard for prisoners in US penal institutions? That's a bit frightening and certainly something that will come to mind the next time I fly. No wonder we often come off flights a bit stuffy headed and/or with a headache. I know one thing for sure; I'll never work for an airline. Then again, I would unfortunately assume that the majority of industries take a "hard" approach to HR Management policies. Just goes to prove that it's well worth having a job you like and in which you are treated with respect over making loads of money;)

No comments: